I need major help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonrbarth

Ok for one im not on my computer, because i bought a new video card, 128mb pci mad multimedia graphics card and i installed it and when i tryed to boot up it beeped about 4 or 5 times and now my computer is in a lock, it keeps restaring before the bios page and i cant see anything, my keyboard dont have enough time to power up aswell, i am in a major bind.... i even tryed my other video cards and it still restarts....

Im pretty mad right now and i dont know anyone localy that can help me out...

so if you can please please please help me out or atlease point me to a link for trobleshooting this error....

the video card is the only thing that is new, and no i cant enter my bios...

recall your installation procedure. were you electrically grounded? was the computer plugged in whilst you changed the video card? did you touch/bump anything?

IF you were grounded and the PC was unplugged, as it should be, then check the card itself and see if it requires a power connection. I have no idea, from your description, what kind of card you installed but I would suspect it requires you plug a 4 pin molex connector into it for power.

haha it was the mother board.... old POS thing, i got a new computer though hahaha lol ok but really the vid card fried the motherboard because the motherboard was old and weak so yeah ttyl. thanks all who replyed to my post..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back