Help - Valid Windows 10 Licenses deactivate after two days?!

Hey there smart forum people,

long story short im kinda of an IT nerd, but this is not my specialty and got a VAT which permits me to buy software wholesale which I have done on a few occassions.

So a friend for a startup business for smart checkout or register devices like in a supermarket or restaurant asked if I could help him out since they need Windows 10 Pro Licenses without spending an arm and a leg.

So I bought some from "CodeWholesale" which I so far never had problems with, I think my Windows install has a fine working license from them rn.

But he quickly reported back to me that after two days they stopped being accepted and windows was demanding to be activated again.

I included screenshots of that. Its german, but it essentially says "Windows can't be activated on this system since you don't have a valid License or product key".

But then I found a program that lets you check Windows Licenses "Windows PID Checker" and weirdly everything looked fine, "Description: Win 10 RTM Professional OEM:DM" Licenses, which seems normal, "Edition Type: Professional", "Key Status: Valid" and if I understand MAK Count correctly then it should even show that it still has its activation left. Which kinda can't be since I know he already activated it and then just stopped working after 2 days and I have a screenshot of it, or at least that part is confusing me. And im not exactly trusting, yet I think theres no chance hes scamming me and faking the screenshots or whatever. Also made sure, but no major hardware or software, BIOS wahtever changes were made in those two days.

And that was the case for all the Licenses from that batch.

So what the hell is going on?

Friendly greetings and thanks in advance

Attachments

• unnamed (1).png
    unnamed (1).png
    153.3 KB · Views: 3
  • unnamed.png
    unnamed.png
    156.3 KB · Views: 3
It sounds like you got legitimate licenses (based on the "Key Status: Valid" from PID Checker) but they might have been improperly obtained by CodeWholesale. Here's why:

• OEM licenses (like "Win 10 RTM Professional OEMM") are typically tied to the original motherboard and don't transfer to new devices.
This could explain why they activate initially but deactivate later. Microsoft might be flagging them as misused.

Possible Solutions:

• Contact CodeWholesale for clarification and a possible replacement.
  • Recommend your friend buy legitimate licenses directly from Microsoft to avoid future issues.

Back