I wish they had these induction-powered LED Legos when I was a kid

Cal Jeffrey

Staff member
Editor's take: I recall having hours of fun playing with my Legos as a kid. I'd mostly had just the standard regular blocks that I'd get for birthdays or Christmas, either as a small set or just a box full of bricks. Eventually, I had enough to fill two five-gallon buckets.

A few days ago, an enterprising Lego builder posted a video of his light-up Legos, and I was swept back to my childhood.

"If they had only had these when I was a kid," I thought.

The anonymous builder made the unique building bricks, he calls LEDOs, as a submission to Lego for consideration for mass production. Lego rejected the idea.

However, as the builder points out, they are not hard to make. The LEDs and induction ring are pretty cheap, too—only $20 for one ring and 10 colored LEDs. Just glue them into your favorite clear Lego blocks, and they light up when placed over the induction ring. The ring can easily be housed inside some flat Lego foundation pieces for a more seamless look.

Permalink to story.

Lego is a damn fool not to endorce any and everything made that compliments them ..... well, maybe not the Lego Roach Clip .......

"...only $20 for one ring and 10 colored LEDs" It seems to me VERY expensive for 10 nano LEDS and some copper wire...

"...only $20 for one ring and 10 colored LEDs" It seems to me VERY expensive for 10 nano LEDS and some copper wire...
Chalk it up to the 25% (?) import tariffs currently being placed on goods imported from China. Oh ,and don'y forget "supply chain issues".

It seems the truckers who would normally be delivering these goods, are bob tailing their way to Washington DC, intent on creating more "supply chain issues", if the government insists on them wearing masks or being vaccinated..

Last edited:
Let me know when they have legos that will light up when left strategically on the floor at night for me to step on.

Back