Iamfamous.dll removal please, 8 steps inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
so i downloaded a file called flashcodec.exe which i was 90% sure was going to be a virus, why i installed it, i dont know why, either way im stuck getting rid of the virus which it installed on my computer. I first noticed that firefox wouldnt load websites, but my aim was still working so i decided it infected firefox, i noticed that a file iamfamous.dll was added into mozilla firefox/components folder at the exact time i installed(date modified) so im pretty sure the virus i have is the iamfamous.dll one; I deleted the iamfamous.dll file. I restarted and now none of the internet works on my computer.

here are my 8 steps.

Step 1
I'm using avast(I'd like to update and use avg or spybot but i'm cut off from the internet), i'm pretty sure the version is up to date. however, when the scan finished in the "Results of last scan" window i had one line that had under name of file: "Disk C: Boot Record", under result: "Unable to scan: the filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect" and under operation: "Error occured during moving file to chest: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect"

step 2

done

step 3
I wasnt really sure what to do here but i dont use any of those anti-virus programs so i just skipped this step, i dont really use anti-virus protection in general, im usually pretty good about taking care of viruses on my own(i'm a computer science major) when i install hijack i'll change the exe though.

step 4
I downloaded malwarebytes but cannot update it because im cut off because of the virus, however it says i'm up to date 2/11/09 so i "should" be good.
it found 18 infected objects.
i was told to restart so i am doing so

step 5
once again i cant update because i have no internet on my infected pc but this is the latest version of super... so i "should" be good.
4 threats detected

step 6
my jdk is up to date
step 7 ran it
step 8
attached
step 9
tightened noose

i need help badly, i have a midterm tommorrow and another the next day, i need internet to do the online questions. I would really appreciate it.
thanks,
dan

edit: oh my god, i just plugged in the ethernet cable, it works, i love you techspot, have my children please. thank you!!! also if someone could just look through my logs to make sure the virus is completely gone i'd be really appreciative.
-dan

from HJT, i think u can get rid of these:

O1 - Hosts: ::1 localhost
O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - (no file)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: S&end to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - (no file)
O13 - Gopher Prefix:
O23 - Service: PnkBstrA - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\PnkBstrA.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back