IE, Firefox, Chrome, etc. unable to open *.gov sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMDominator88

well I have got myself into a pickle that I am finally asking for help. I have my computer setup on a wireless network and is very reliable in regards to connection strength, signal strength, speed, etc. however I am trying to do a research project on jobs, their related wages, education requirements, etc. and all that information is found on bls.gov, however I am unable to go to that site using this computer. If I go out on the computer on the living room (connected to the same wireless network) it IS ABLE to connect, as well as my roommates computer (which is on the wire b/c he can't fit a wireless card in his case) connects to the aforementioned site. I am not infected by any means through viruses or malware, etc. I am very careful. I have started firefox in safe mode and reset all user preferneces to default...to no avail...I have tried using IE (7.0.5730.11) with all latest M$ patches) and that does not work. I have also tried google chrome and no luck either. I am stuck, help please.
have no wonderful options in my router networking settings however looked at the settings and restored to defaults and that didn't work either, any ideas would be helpful, thanks

I had a similar problem where I could not get one of our intranet web sites to load either in firefox and IE, so I tried another browser called avant. The site loaded and after that I could load it with IE and firefox.. I cant tell you what happened and why it worked but it did. You already tried three why not try another.Check this site http://www.avantbrowser.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back