I'm having problems on auto Beat-mixing using mixmeister pro 6 please help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayer1980

Hi there,

I'm using a DJ Software called Mix Meister pro 6 for my music and I would like to learn on how to beat mix easily to do... I've never beat-mix before.. and people have told me that mixmeister pro 6 is a good software to beat-mix with is that so by any chance???

I know that mixmeister pro 6 has a beat-mixing opition but will it sound good, and how do I beat-mix correctly can anyone in here help me out with this that would be greatful :)

Please provide me with full detailed information & pictures that would be great :)

the problem with auto beat matching on any software is that it uses the frequencies generated by the sound and tries to match the beats like that, of course some songs have harmonies, bases etc louder than their beats and as a result you get beats all over the place. for many songs how ever (mainly dance songs) its works OK, not great but ok as you will always need to perfect the beat match.

my advice would be to get some headphones, a good sound card and set it up so you can manually beat match as it is much easier and effective and reliable than trusting the computer to make a 30 minute mix up.

you can use the auto bpm count (beats per minute) which is usually good, and check how the beat matching is through the headphones before it goes live (as dj's do) and then you would need to use the down/up tempo button to slow/speed it to the actual song your playing.

In order of importance I would say its 70% beat matching, 25% timing, 5% fading (changing from left to right track)

hope that helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back