I'm not sure what I did to mess up my wireless adapter in my laptop. Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a HP Pavillion tx2510 laptop which is approx. 1 1/2 yrs old. I am running Windows Vista Service Pack 2.

Last night after a long flight and extremely late check-in into my hotel, I tried to connect to the hotel's wireless network. After connecting, when the little blue globe failed to appear on the wireless icon, I clicked "diagnose & repair" After diagnose & repair ran, it informed me to "reset my wireless adapter". I clicked to reset my wireless adapter, and at that exact moment, the little blue globe appeared on on my wireless icon. Stupidly, I clicked the cancel button while in the process of resetting the wireless adapter, and after hours of troubleshooting, I still cannot connect. My access is Local only. No internet. I know the internet is working without any issues because my other laptop can connect without any issues. When I run diagnose & repair, it gives me the same option to reset my wireless adapter, after clicking on it, it informs me that a problem still exists, and gives me the option to "reset my wireless adapter" again and again. This is driving me mad, I hope someone can help! Please & Thank you.

I'd suggest uninstalling/reinstalling the wireless adapter driver. (download it from the HP web site)
> Can you download the driver to your PC with the LAN cable?
> Or you;ll have to download it to a friend's PC and then move it to yours using a USB flash drive or similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back