I'm stupid

I was playing csgo when I raged and slammed my fist down on my table where my PC was sitting on. It caused the monitor to lose the dvi signal and now it's saying there is no device being picked up for monitor. I'm afraid it messed up my graphics card and right now I don't have a second monitor to try it on. Does anyone think this could have damaged the graphics card? The fans are no longer spinning as well.
Thanks in advance. New to the forum.

Does anyone think this could have damaged the graphics card?
Anything is possible. However I would like to think, that if you didn't actually hit or drop the machine, there would not have been enough shock to cause damage.
  1. Check all the cable connections in the machine, they could have also come loose.
  2. Have you turned the machine off and rebooted? I'm pretty sure you did, I do need to ask though.
- - -
I've actually hit my machine with the intent to hopefully damage the faulty component. At the time I didn't care if it broke anything else, I was tired of the system freezing. I replaced enough parts to build another system before I found the bad component. Surprisingly there was no damage, not even to the disk drives. There is a dent in the side of the case and my computer hutch was slightly busted.

Back