Import Windows Movie Maker from Vista to Win7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poppa Bear

Windows Movie Maker is not included in Win7, however it can be easily imported from Vista to Win7.

Microsoft offer Windows Live Movie Maker as a substitute, but it cannot edit audio files whereas the Vista version can.

Open Vista Program files and copy the folder entitled: "Movie Maker". Paste the folder intact into Win7 Program files.

Create a shortcut to desktop by opening the "Movie Maker" folder & right clicking the file "MOVIEMK". Click: "Send to desktop as shortcut".

If desired, the shortcut on the desktop can be copied and pasted into the "Start Menu" which is found using the following:

1. Open any folder. In top taskbar click: Tools \ Folder Option \ View Tab \ Dot: "Show hidden files, folders & drives".

2. Open Win7 C:\ Program Data \ Microsoft \ Windows \ Start Menu \ Programs

Simply paste the desktop shortcut into the programs folder, and reset folder view to normal.

Yes but what if you don't have Vista Movie Maker? (ie You updated to Windows 7 and realized now that you need it. Or you upgraded from XP)

I think most will feel this is the biggest problem.

Not for me though, because I use free VLC Media Player, and have done so for years ;) (Oh for viewing only ;))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back