In need of an all round upgrade - suggestions appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonB

Hi everyone - not been on here for quite a while - best wishes to all!

I'm not a gamer (though would like to start - actually better not, i'd never stop), so mainly business and home browsing use, though want to start downloading music and films to burn off PC and maybe watch films on PC too and live sport (ie not sure if current Monitor, graphics and sound cards are good enough?).

Want to get into SQL database creation and maybe some web designing too.

Sorry, quite alot of info there, if i could build on the cheap (don't we all want that?) that'd be great, ie not after building the fastest and meatiest beast on the planet - just one far better than i currently have that is way ahead of my capabilities & ambitions. Just like having the engine & power under the hood - knowing you can use it occasionally, using it occasionally, but not thrashing it ev day if you know what i mean!

Here's what i currently have (prob well outta date!);

Its a package i got from PC World prob about 3 years ago now (apart from the TFT, as i foolishly dropped the original when shifting my room around a bit!). ie bored of what i have.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated on what i should look for for greater speed and basically to 'keep up with the changing times'!

MAKE: Packard Bell
CPU: Intel P4 2.93 GHz
VIDEO CARD/GRAPHICS: Gigabyte GV-R925128T/Radeon 9250
O/S: Windows XP Home V.2
MEMORY: 512 MB DDR
MOTHERBOARD: Asus P5S800-VM/S
SOUND CARD: RealTek AC'97
MONITOR: Samsung SyncMaster 720N 17” TFT

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated
Write in Black for one! (Also not Bold or italic or any other variation, just plain text).

It's much easier on the eye, have a look for yourself and compare (actually edit your post and remove the color all together would be nice).

Also have you had a look at the Name brand providers, like Dell; Asus; Hp whatever other?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back