'Inaccessible Boot Device' just switched mobo from Intel to VIA. Need VIA IDE driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just replaced my dead Intel mobo with a VIA mobo and my hard drive still contains the OS (Windows 2000 Pro) and all my important data.

After I booted up, I get this error message: Inaccessible Boot Device

I know that VIA has the Hyperion 4 - 1 driver, but that is only good if you can access Windows.

I'm planning on booting via Windows 2000 CD and press F6. Then replace the IDE controller with VIA IDE Controller.

Question is: where can I get the VIA IDE Controller OEM driver (TXTSETUP.OEM)?

yeah, looks like you'll need to uninstall all of your device drivers before you can install your via mobo. i dount that will be possible, try windows in safe mode (im unfamiliar with windows 2000 from this standpoint). you'll probably end up having to reformat. good luck.

It would be a lot easier if you buy a new harddisk, install W2K from scratch plus all your programs. Then copy the files from your old HD over to the new. Gives you some nice extra storage afterwards and W2K will run a lot smoother.

Boot from win2k cd and reinstall in over the old os.You can gain access your files again but pay attention:your os will not works smoth
Try to make 2nd partition and save the data on it.Format the boot partition and install fresh os after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back