Incremental backup software

Can you please advise which is the simplest, free incremental software to copy from hard disk to share drive by windows 7 operating system. I would appreciate your support.

I'll note some issues:
2) INCREMENTAL BACKUP
The incremental backup attempts to conserve media space by looking for files changed since the last invocation of backup. This will be fast and use the least media storage. HOWEVER, you need to keep all the media created by the last FULL backup and every INCREMENTAL backup and you better label them carefully - - they will be called for during the Recovery process in the order created - - and YOU are the only one that knows that!

3) DIFFERENTIAL BACKUP
The differential backup attempts to remove the media issue of the incremental technique by looking for files modified since the last FULL backup. This will the create a recovery process of applying the Full Backup + the Last instance of the Differential - - just two. Thus, it would be possible to recycle three pieces of media; one for Full and alternate between the A and the B storage media. The longer between FULL backups, the more files will be discovered to have been changed and the more data gets copied to the differential media. At some point, all the data will no longer fit on one chunk of media (ie one tape, one cd, one dvd). When that occurs, you would be best off aborting this backup and starting fresh with a new Full Backup.

Additionally, backups of \windows and/or \Program Files are a total waste of time and effort.

My enquiry was that if there a freeware software known to you which is simple to back up from hard disk to share drive during a fixed time of a day. Previously, there was a feature in windows to do this. I appreciate your assistance.

Back