Infostealer virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening all, was hoping i could get some help with a virus i can't get rid of.. My son was on a gaming web site and some how got 2 virus onto our computer. The names are infostealer.exe and infostealer.dll Ran Norton Antivirus and they located the virus but cant delete them or quarantine them. Also ran search and destroy and they had no effect. Would appreciate anyone help..

thanks,
Rick

hey rick,

i had this same problem, and went all over the place downloading all the removal tools i could, and in the end just reformatted the computer. no troubles since. I'm certainly not an expert, but i think you'd save yourself a lot of heartache by backing everything up and reformatting. It seems this little bugger of a virus is a tough one to remove... although I'm sure others with more experience have alternative solutions.

good luck!

Actually I agree with lappal
Basically your system could have been compromized.

But if you still would like to try. I'd first recommend un-installing Norton fully (seeming it can't remove it's own found viruses)

And install the new AVG Free, and do a full scan (which does remove found viruses)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back