Insecure Internet activity

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am on a Win XP computer that is receiving an interstitial "Insecure Internet activity. Threat of virus attack" page every time I open Internet Explorer 7, this is followed by a browser crash after between 1 and 5 minutes. This page also came up in Firefox 2 but after an upgrade to Firefox 3 I am now simply unable to open the browser before it crashes. I am also getting a popup that appears to be from the Windows Firewall, I am not sure if it actually is or not. This mentions the Win32.Netsky.Q trojan, the only button available is the Enable Protection button, the "Keep Blocking" button and the "Unblock" button are greyed out. I don't see any of these symptoms when in Safe Mode.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, this is my girlfriends father's computer so I won't have access to it regularly, but will update as soon as possible.

I have removed the log file as requested however I believe that the only problem with it was superflous newlines. The only way I had to get the logfile off of the computer at the time was through putty and I believe somewhere in the copy/paste process the newlines were added.

I have looked at the link you sent me and will follow those steps once I have a chance to get back to the computer.

If anyone is still interested in looking at the HJT log it is still available on my personal webserver, msg me and I can send the link to you.

Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back