Installing Office 2007 Ultimate on Vista Ultimate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone help. I have installed on my pc Windows Vista Ultimate. and I am trying to install Office 2007 Ultimate. The problem is I am getting the message "microsoft setup bootstrapper has stopped" . I don't know why ask my system has vast more memory, processor speed, hard drive space, monitor resolution etc than is required. My only possible problem is that one requirement states Microsoft XP with SP2 or later installed. Does this mean that it does not run with Vista. Please help
Regards
John

Jesta, I don't know why you're having problems installing Office 2007 on Vista Ultimate. I'm running it and installed it with no problems on my Vista Ultimate system. Can you give us the specs of your computer?

JG

use ccleaner to clean out the temp directories and registry issues and try again... office 07 and vista are made to work with each other, it could be something else on your PC thats stopping the installer from doing what it needs to do..

Check that there's no other windows asking for UAC or firewall permissions (alt tab during the install..)

My Spec is:
3.4 GHtz Processor
130 Gb Free Space on HD
2 Gb RAM
128 Mb Nvidia GeForce 5700LE Graphics

So I should think that this is OK but I will have a try of ccleaner if you can tell me what this is N3051M as I am unsure

Kind Regards

Jesta

Don't know if anyone else has heard of this but I was looking at another forum and heard that if Office 2007 is installed from a DVD R/RW then this causes the problem I am having but if installed from just a DVD drive then this seems to work. I have not tried this yet but has anyone else heard this. Regards John

It definately sounds like a problem reading the disk. Try it in another drive if possible - or even copy the files off of the disk and onto your HDD and run setup from there, if it will allow you.

You've paid for this software, if it does not install go back to your retailer and ask for a replacement or a refund. Its in case likely even a faulty disk.

I can confirm 1st hand Office 2007 installs and runs on Vista just fine. I got a free copy of Office Pro for going to a Microsoft Launch Event a few months ago and I have it running on Vista Home Premium.

I'm going to concur with the others and say there is a decent chance it is a disk problem. If you can get it to install off your hard drive I'd definately take the disk back to wherever you got it, you should not have to deal with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back