Installing Windows on a HDD with info already on it

I recently updated my computer with a new motherboard RAM and I got an extra Hard Drive (1TB) but I installed it as a secondary hard drive because at the time I didn't have the install disk for Windows.

Anyway my question is, now that I have already installed my hard drive and it has data on it but no operating system, is there anyway I can install Windows 7 with the disk without losing the data I have on that hard drive already?

The reason for this is because the hard drive I had originally is starting to go out getting a S.M.A.R.T. error on start up. I plan on eventually removing that hard drive completely, but I can't until I get Windows on my 1TB hard drive.

Ingredients: Linux distro, CD/DVD, 1 or 2 flash drives, Windows 7, knowledge.

Get a Linux distro of your choosing and burn it to a CD/DVD. Boot from the disc. Plug in a flash drive and move the important data onto the flash drive. Then install Windows 7.

you can do this if you partition your drive. Start by defragmenting what you have, Then installing Windows for Dual boot.
It is easier if you save your data to some DVD's... then do a reformat and clean install for Dual boot...
Lots of information available with a Google search. You will need OEM or better versions of Windows for best results... Dell and HP installs for one of the Windows versions are difficult.

Back