Intel Quad-Core Q6600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I'm in the current works of making a new PC at the moment, if maybe I could get some insight on what else I should get for my new system. This will be used as a gaming machine, and I need high performance parts. At the moment, I only have the motherboard, an ASUS P5W DH Deluxe Motherboard, with support for LGA775 Processors. Pretty much, im looking for the correct hard drive, something fast, and large. Also suggestions on a video card, I had in mind the ATI Radeon 2900 Series Video Card. RAM suggestions would also be appreciated, I really would like to make this a really good computer. thanks for reading,

I recently upgraded to Q6600/2Gb/2900PRO you can see what I've chosen here:

https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic89113.html

It cost just over £600 ($1262) and runs every game/app at blistering speeds

Heres some FPS/scores that I can achieve:

Gears of War 40-60FPS /Maximum settings (no AA/AF)
Bioshock 40-60FPS /Maximum settings (no AA/AF)
PES 2008 60FPS /Maximum settings
World in Conflict 35FPS /Maximum settings (no AA/AF and two or three settings turned off)
Crysis 20-40FPS /Maximum settings 1024x768 (no AA/AF, shadows turned off)
3DMark 06 score 11,000+

My processor is overclocked to 3.0ghz, RAM is 4-4-4-12 and 2900PRO is @820mhz/1800mhz

Times change quickly where computer components are concerned though so I'm sure if you look around more you'll find even better value for money than I have, for example 8800GT 512mb is perhaps a better choice than 2900PRO at the moment...

Extremely nice, you're getting good performance from that system I can see, well at this moment, as for anything money is an object. However, thank you for the insight on this, I will be sure to go with the Quad6600, Videocard, well ATI Radeon2900 Sounds nice to, this is it I will probably what im going to get then.

Witwikki said:
I will be sure to go with the Quad6600, Videocard, well ATI Radeon2900 Sounds nice to, this is it I will probably what im going to get then.

Cool. But you must consider 8800GT 512mb, this card was released shortly after I bought my components and I've seen many people claiming it easily snatches the price/performance crown. Of course theres two sides to every story and so I've also seen reports stating ATI2900's potential is still hindered by the drivers and it'll continue to get better for some time.

Cruel dilema huh? At least Q6600 makes selecting processors easy for now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back