Internet Disconnection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I've had cable internet for about 2 Years now and for the past 2 years i've had random disconnects when i would be gaming/watching youtube videos or downloading, it still says connected to the internet 100.000mbps but when i go to mozilla firefox or anything i am doing it says Cannot Find Server to everything... i called the dns company they came over they said it's not a problem with them but failed to help in helping with the problem so what could be caused by this occuring??? it only happens on this computer no other computers on my network, i even plugged in my old gateway xp computer and it is fine it never gets disconnects =/

i've check if all my drivers are up to date they are, but i am unable to check my modems update as there is no website provided for it and it was provided by my cable company.

also it seems to happen when im watching videos over 5mins on youtube or downloading files over 100mbs or playing games such as rappelz,wow,cod4 or chatting in msn,xfire etc..and it likes to disconnect alot 12:00+pm onward. o.O dunno if that was useful but hope it helps will post my dxdiag and hijackthis log below.

My Modem Name Is: Marvell Yukon 88E8001/8003/8010 PCI Gigabit Ethernet Controller

All Help Will Be Apreciated!
Thanks In Advance!
~Nick

Please help...

EDIT: to get the internet working again i have to restart the computer.

The last time I came across this we fixed it with a replacement network card. More often than not this sort of issue is caused by a hardware fault

If it's only happening on the one PC then it sounds like a problem with the Pc's network card, try either updating / reinstalling the driver for it, failing that it maybe that a new network card is needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back