Internet Explorer Favorites...Gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi; I'm brand new here, and I hope you can help me out. I am SO freakin' mad at Microsoft right now.

I downloaded their Microsoft Antispyware program. Upon the last reboot, the program said it found some potential hazards, and asked me to allow or block them. I blocked the ones that said: Block(recommended), and lo and behold, it was my favorites for IE6. Now, when I click Favorites in IE, its completely blank. AR!

I tried uninstalling the Microsoft Antispyware program, but it gave me a Fatal Error saying something like, "could not locate user\%favorites%". And now it WON'T uninstall!

The worst part of all this is I got hasty and located the Microsoft Antispyware program in C:\Program Files and deleted everything I could in the folder. One file, shellextension.dll, can not be deleted.

I want my favorites back and I want this stupid program OUTTA HERE! Please help!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I don`t know if this`ll help, but maybe you could try a system restore, to a point before your problems began.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

If you've got no backup then you're not very likely to get your favourites back. :(

For the future, I recommend you use some type of online bookmarking scheme like del.icio.us . This way, no matter what happens to your computer you won't loose those favourite sites... ever again. :D Try to downloasd and use Firefox ... as well. Is can easily be customized to work with del.icio.us . :grinthumb

yeah, I've got firefox and I'm sure that'll work fine. The most important thing, though, is finding out why this happened and how I can get Microsoft Antispyware off my computer.

didnt u import ur favs to ur firefox?

u can try a program to recover lost data. maybe it'll recover ur favorites.

try Ontrack EasyRecovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back