Internet Explorer Script Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

vassil3427

Lately(As in the last couple days) everytime I open a web page(of any kind) I get a Script error that pops up, and in the error box it says a few things but under URL it says http://www.1stairfare.info/ I checked what it is, its some site at which you purchased airline tickets, all i want to do is get rid of it, it is very annoying because it pops up at every web site i go to.
Thanks!:grinthumb

I'm using I.E. 6

Thanks Thomas....but its already ticked:( , these script errors pop up at every web site.....and if I leave my pc for awhile, popups will begin to come up, and here's how it started, I was surfing the net and these pop-ups came up, so i exited them...well they would pop-up everytime i started internet explorer...so i went through the registry and found a few registry keys with the web sites name on them, so i deleted the keys...maybe thats why these script errors are happening? All I wanna do is get them to stop:blackeye:

ok,
I think what is going on is, When I open I.E. its not only trying to access my homepage, but also a couple pop-ups, because in the Script errors it gives me(There are only two different ones) the URl's displayed are advertisement pages, so it seems as if these pop-ups are set to come up whenever i switch pages...but instead i get errors, is there ANYTHING i can do to stop these...aside form reformatting because its such a complicated problem...:dead: ...Can i uninstall I.E.6 and reinstall it? because these errors are driving me insane....:confused:

You've gotten ActiveX scripts somewhere. I'm not sure how to delete them but you can disable them by setting from options - Security - Medium or above.
That might also cause some (clean) sites not to work properly..

Hey thanks,
I raised it too Medium High, and not more errors...so thanks!:D
(Even though I know we really didnt FIX the problem..merely covered it up)

Not that i want to continue this thread...but.... I thought the errors were gone, well since then they have come back, the exact same ones, no matter what privacy setting I put I.E. on. They will stop coming up if i leave my pc on for more than a day without restarting, i think maybe because it gets a certain cookie or something else in the temporary internet files(the reason I beleive this is because if i delete the cookies and temporary files the errors come back), is there anybody that can help with a new solution to my problem?:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back