Internet not working...

Status
Not open for further replies.

anubhab123

Hi recently I've been having trouble getting on the internet.I am hooked up to a LAN in college and have registered with all of them and they enabled my internet however whenever I try to access the internet in normal mode it does not work yet when I reboot in Safe Mode it works.I thought It might be firewalls from SP2 or from Norton or Symantec so I went into startup programs by going to Start---->Run----->msconfig and disabling all the startup items and also symantec and norton affiliated things in the services tab.Then I disabled my windows firewall that came with SP2.I tried releasing and renewing the IP Address from command line however it still does not help.I tried killing most processes in the memory and made sure I didnt kill svchost.exe or any essential processes(only fishy ones like WebRebates) but that did not help.I tried both Mozilla FireFox and IE and both do not work. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I could fix this problem?(I have included a HijackThis Log so you can see information on my comp)

Apart from a few cosmetics, your log looks clean.
Is this the one with everything switched off and booting in Safe Mode?
If so, UNdo all those bits in MSCONFIG and post a new log so we can see what you REALLY have (incl. the WebRebates).
If you have this webrebates, go here first and follow EXACTLY:
How to remove Begin2Search / Coolwebsearch

Otherwise run HJT and let it 'fix':
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: MUSICMATCH MX Web Player - {d81ca86b-ef63-42af-bee3-4502d9a03c2d} - http://wwws.musicmatch.com/mmz/openWebRadio.html (file missing)

One thing that helped many people, was uninstalling and re-installing NAV-2005 if that is the version you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back