iPad 2 fakes made of clay turning up in Canadian stores

Rick

TS Evangelist
A bizarre rash of clay iPads are being discovered at Canadian retail stores, CTV News reports. Roughly two dozen fakes have been unwittingly sold to customers by major retailers in…

Read the whole story

Mudvayne819

TS Enthusiast
i work in a AASP, im a apple tech and we just dont refunds, problem solves. we just do exchange, and when we do, we dont exchange box for box, only the ipad. poor other AASPs lol

fimbles

TS Evangelist
Look on the bright side, With that amount of clay you could probably knock up a pretty good sculpture of steve jobs.

G

not to point fingers but im sure some smart *** asian guy is behind this scam. but it shouldn't be that hard to find the culprit eh?

G

This guy had to know the details of how each store, and how that particular cashier takes refunds and exchanges. He did his homework, and it clearly worked out for him. He couldn't have just gotten lucky, because if even one retailer had caught him, they would have prosecuted him immediately.

jmjsquared

TS Booster
This article's title is misleading. Something like, "iPad 2 faked by clay....", or "iPad 2 replaced by clay..." would be more accurate though less sensational.

However titled, this may be good news: If one of these units breaks, you can send it to any local kindergarten for immediate repair... as long as it is not during nap time.

Trillionsin

TS Evangelist
jmjsquared said:
This article's title is misleading. Something like, "iPad 2 faked by clay....", or "iPad 2 replaced by clay..." would be more accurate though less sensational.

However titled, this may be good news: If one of these units breaks, you can send it to any local kindergarten for immediate repair... as long as it is not during nap time.
I agree, slightly misleading...

G

I remember a few months back the local vancouver craigslist had an ad asking for ipad 2 boxes. Wonder ifnthat has to do with this scam ?

TJGeezer

TS Enthusiast
jmjsquared said:
If one of these units breaks, you can send it to any local kindergarten for immediate repair... as long as it is not during nap time.
,,,though it might come back undersized if Johnny eats the clay again.