Irql_not _less_or_equal when usb is plugged in

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberdave69

hey i'm having a problem with my dell inspiron 6000 laptop. whenever i plug in a usb device i get a stop irql_not _less_or_equal blue screen. as a starting point, where can i get usb drivers so i can try to reinstall them and hopefuly that will fix my problem.. i couldn't find them on dells site..also any other ideas are greatly welcome

You do not need USB drivers. They are part of the OS. You have a hardware or software problem elsewhere on the computer... perhaps a software failure or conflict.. Are there any flags in your device manager.
I seriously doubt you have a hardware issue with USB ports... if so, it is perhaps a motherboard problem.

no everything looks good in device manager.. also if this helps, that blue screen pops up when i shut the computer down too. it will save the settings and say windows is shuting down then the blue screen pops up

IRQ errors are always difficult to track down, because it can mean almost anything in actual use... We find that stripping down the computer to hard drive and one memory module to test, then changing memory module to test again... you have to test and examine every hardware component sometimes... it takes forever... In our experience with thousands of computers, it is usually video card or video driver, other PCI device such as ethernet card or modem (even if not used) or memory issue... but cpu fans and other devices wearing out can enter into the mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back