Is my driver updating right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wibtr

So I download the latest driver, and run the install, and then reboot like it tells me... At startup the new hardware wizard pops up saying new stuff has been detected. So, the wizard searces for the software or hardware, and cant find it. Then says your new hardware may not have been properly installed. Should I just cancel the wizard, or do I need to go through it to finish installing the drivers I updated before reboot? Or are the new drivers automatically installed at reboot? thanks.

Would you mind posting what card you are trying to update, and which drivers you are trying to update with?
Some drivers require you to remove the previous drivers (and other settings) before installing the new ones, whereas others can just overwrite without a problem.

What you could try doing is to point the wizard to the place where you unpacked the drivers, after which it should find and install the card.

There are instructions at the website where you download the drivers as to how to install them. Some are very persnickety, and most be installed exactly as described. Some require that the old drivers must be removed or disabled.
Not always are the latest drivers the best drivers, so keep the next most recent drivers handy.

Assuming you are using Windows XP, 32-bit edition, you can get the lastest drivers from here.

For installation instructions click here. It'll take you through uninstalling your old drivers, then installing the new ones.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back