Is my sys running at full-speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

red-vex

Is there a way to determine whether my system is set at it's best capabilities? I have Athlon x2 5200 and 2gb ocz ddr2 dual channel RAM w Asrock mobo, sapphire ati 1950pro and sata II hd but i feel something's wrong about the setup. Not that i could complain about the FPS in games which are always sticked to 85 (as many as my monitor can handle w its 85hz refresh rate). Perhaps on software like SiSoft Sandra there's something i might look into.

There must be a reason you are asking this type of question? Do you feel you not getting the most out of your sytem in terms of response or game play. At times i feel the same but thats when i get to used to a fast system. Try using an entry level celeron pc and feel the pain.

It's like I was expecting more, and actually i've run a 3dmark 2005 benchmark scoring slightly lower than a slightly lower pc configuration from another user. For example, i noticed my ram by BIOS default was running at a lower clock than it could and i had to manually change that. Perhaps there's more, get my point? I know the feeling you're talking about, maybe it's just that i'm experiencing but I'm not too confortable with these new upgraded new gen hardware and so i wonder :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back