Can you guys rate my PC build?

I'm building a pc some time in the future. Could you rate me on a scale of 1 to 5 on my specs? Keep in mind that my budget was 350 (total was 351) and that I am a beginner and this is my first build. This pc is meant for internet and semi-gaming.

Motherboard: ASUS M4N68T-M V2 AM3 630a Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - $55

CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 270 Regor 3.4GHz Dual Core Processor - $70

Power Supply: COOLMAX CA-300 300W ATX Power Supply - $21

Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Blue 320 GB Hard Drive - $90

RAM: (x2) G.SKILL NS 2GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM 1333 RAM - $28

Video card: Nvidia MX 5200 GPU - $20

Sound card: VIA VT1708S - $0

Case: Cooler Master transparent side panel blue LED case - $50

Optical Drive: Samsung SATA CD/DVD-ROM optical drive - $17

Fans: 1 120mm blue LED front fan, 1 rear power supply fan - $0

TOTAL PRICE: $351

^^^ +1

and 5 for budget build

I'm not sure I would spend $20 on the MX 5200 when the motherboard looks as if it comes with comparable performance in Geforce 7025/nForce 630a. If you want to use this build for any kind of gaming, do yourself a favor and skip the MX 5200 for a better performing card. Any of todays budget cards would be an improvement.

newegg search - These cards are a massive improvement (over 8 times the performance) over the MX 5200 and would work great with a 300W PSU.

I would get 4 gigs ram and a 70$ or so video card raising it by 100$ but giving you way more performance. Unless your running it on xp then I would not get more ram just a better video card.

Very nice budget build 5/5
but i agree you are probably better of yupgrading the graphics card almost seems a bit obselete with that mobo :p

james

build gets 5/5.
but the graphics card is way outdated so you should get mobo with intergrated graphics which will be better and not much difference in price.

Back