Is Registry Mechanic 4 Safe To Use

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lee180

I have installed registry mechanic 4 and it has found 193 problems with my registry.I would like to know if anybody has used this program before as i know messing with your registry can cause all sorts of problems.Is it safe to let the program fix/delete the problems it has found.

It should offer you to make a backup first. If not, do so yourself first.
If you know enough about the registry, go through the list of changes it wants to make, if you can. Then if you approve, let it do what you approve.
If it does NOT give you a list first, uninstall the program, to be on the safe side.
But I think the program is legit (from pctools) and aboveboard.

yea, its pretty safe, as safe as any registry editing tool can be I suppose. It will give you an idea as to how dangerous it might be to delete keys it finds. Then you choose the ones to delete and the ones to keep. It will also make a backup of the registry so you don't hose everything.

I wouldn't recommend it to someone with absolutely no knowledge of the registry, but if you are somewhat familiar with the registry, it is a good tool to help you find orphaned or otherwise "bad" keys.

Its really handy for removing stubborn spyware, its also very useful to help keep things cleaned out by finding keys left behind by apps you've uninstalled.

Yes it is safe to use it works like REgistery First Aid what it will do is set a back up for you what ever it finds is safe to fix usually it finds old entries form software you have uninstalled .Great program !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back