Is the ATI Radeon 9550 / X1050 graphics card compatible with a Dell Vostro 200?

ynotbme

I am trying for the first time to put together a system. Yeh I know...I need help. First of all is this a usable card. It is comming out of an existing system.
Thanks, ynotbme

If the card will fit in the box it'll probably work for you. When I looked up Dell Vostro 200 they were built into two kinds of cases. There was one type built in a slim case and the other type built in a mini case. The mini case is much wider than the slim case. It looks like both types of cases sport motherboards with X16 PCI-E slots for adding an aftermarket video card. Trouble will arise if your 9550/X1050 video card has an AGP connector instead of a PCI-E connector, or you have a full size video card and a slim case.

RE: Vostro 200 and Graphic Card

Does this mean anything to you...I believe I might have a little troulbe-I have a slim case to work with:

Primary Adapter
Graphics Card Manufacturer Powered by ATI
Graphics Chipset ATI Radeon 9550 / X1050 Series
Device ID 4153
Vendor 1002

Subsystem ID 4153
Subsystem Vendor ID 1787

Graphics Bus Capability AGP
Maximum Bus Setting AGP 4X

BIOS Version 008.017D.033.00
BIOS Part Number BK-ATI VER008.017D.033.000
BIOS Date 2005/12/08

Memory Size 256 MB
Memory Type DDR SGRAM / SDRAM

Core Clock in MHz 250 MHz
Memory Clock in MHz 203 MHz

It appears you need an AGP low profile card for the slim type case. Since you already have the graphics card, is the rear I/O plate short enough to fit? If so, it is a low profile card. If not, the card is built for a standard width case and you can't use it with your slim case.

Back