I've tried EVERYTHING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I have ALWAYS Had a fast startup ( I mean really fast, 10 seconds or so and everything would be loaded). Then I got a bunch of spyware.. I got Spybot, it cleared a bunch.. and couldn't clean commoname, and commoname is hard to get rid of. So I also got adaware.. it killed commoname.. so now everything on startup comes up on time EXCEPT for Norton Antivirus and Norton Internet Security. Those come up approximately 2 minutes after the startup. During these times the internet will NOT open up, though I can open ANYTHING not using internet in a flash. I have defragged, searched for problems with one button checkup, read numerous post with similar problems, but the solutions won't work for me..

My OS: Win XP

Specs: 2.9 gigz, 512 RAM (not sure which kind of ram), shouldn't need to know much more than that I would think. Thanks for the help.

A recent problem has been found with the latest update to NAV and something that Verisign did at about the same time(it somehow affects something with NAV and older IE versions, as well as Java) look here: https://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10130
It would have been more helpful if the guy had given a link to the source of the info, as I don't have a link handy.
This may not be what is causing your problems, but from much of what I have read lately involving Windows problems where NAV is involved, this has generally been the cause.

Open NAV, choose Options, then Misc. You should see it listed there. I don't know what all that will fix though, as far as I know, disabling that plugin only fixes the problems with slow loading office documents and apps.

I've seen a few links on google lately related to this, most of them just outline different problems and that Verisign is the one who is ultimately to blame. Not much info on fixes for most of the problems mentioned though.

hmmm... I couldn't find what you were talking about.. I have norton Systemworks.. xp remember? So I enabled script blocking.. and the next startup was normal... wierd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back