JP:OG stuttering

By gnpfrslo
Feb 28, 2018
Post New Reply
  1. Yeah, with all the hype for JW evolution I couldn't help but reinstall this old gem that did in fact run smoothly on my current pc about a year ago. But now it freezes for half a second every second when I run it, I tried compatibility in W7 and XP sp3 (which is what I had to do last time as well) and and the game doesn't seem to even remember my video settings (or rather, doesn't follow them).
    I should mention that after the fall creators update this happened to my screen all the time until I rolled back to a driver from 24/04/2017, which I why I haven't tried that. No other game old or recent has any problem of the kind (except one game that already had a similar problem but that hasn't changed with this developments and it's not nearly as constant).
    Any suggestions?

AMD Quad-Core A6-5200 (2GHz)
    AMD Radeon HD 8400 4077MB
    750 GB (5400 RPM)
    Windows 10 x64
  2. Cycloid Torus

Cycloid Torus Stone age computing. Posts: 3,230   +777

So, something changed over the last year. Most likely candidates are dust bunnies and thermal interface paste (heat). There are many fine videos on how-to on YouTube.
    If you have done that and still have an issue, I would DDU the video driver and try again. DDU is available as a download on this site.
    If none of the above worked, you may want to consider monitoring CPU and GPU during game play - even task manager performance tab would do. I rig a second monitor to watch.

Another thought - defrag HDD.