Just a question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The HDD is 500GB and only has like 8MiB of cache, and a HDD that size should have like 16MiB IMO. BTX doesn't necessarily mean any advantages, just more problems when it comes time to upgrade it (if that's even posssible). The CPU is Pentium® D 930, there's no way the stock cooler for it is going to be quiet.

Unless you really don't know how to build a PC, don't buy it.

Yeah, I wouldn't get it either. It's refurbished, not brand new. Only 512MB of RAM, graphics card too low for good gaming, CPU comes from Intel's slowest series of dual core processors and are outperformed by AMD dual cores and by far Intel's own Core 2 Duo. That graphics card only has 64MB of memory but has up to 256MB of shared memory. That shared memory comes out of the meager 512MB of system RAM.

For the price, I don't think it's a good buy.

What the -? The site says it has 2.0GB of "Total Memory", what's the difference between that and "Memory Size"?
"Maximum Memory Supported" is listed as 4.0GB so it can't be that.

Oh after further observation I now see what it means...

It says:

RAM Memory Specifications

Memory Size
512MB

Memory Speed
DDR2 533 (PC2-4200)

Memory Type
DDR2

Maximum Memory Supported
4.0GB

Memory Slots (Total)

Memory Slots (Available)

Total Memory
2.0GB

Seeing "Memory Size" as 512MB and "Total Memory" as 2.0GB confused me at first, then notice the info of "Memory Slots", total and available. There are 4 slots and 0 are available which means each slot is occupied with a memory module.

Four sticks of 512MB makes 2GB :D Which means the system has 4x512MB of memory. I'm so smart. :p

I also do not think you should buy that. Build your own computer!!
The beauty of building your own PC is you get to hand-pick each part. When you buy a pre-built PC, there are good parts, but always bad parts too.
I have the Pentium D 930, and that is definitely NOT the CPU you should be getting these days. The stock cooler (which I am not using) is LOUD too (although my army of case fans drown out the sound anyway...).

Any PC that is purchased or built around this time *must* be a Core 2 Duo IMO. :)

Here, check out my guide; Cfitzarl's Guide to Video Card Upgrades This should help us determine what video card you need and where to buy it. Disregard step 4 until you have picked out all of your computer parts if you are in fact going to build (you save a ton of money :D).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back