Just a quick note...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
We want your feedback! Early next week we are opening a holiday giveaway however we still haven't decided on the prizes, so we ask you... what would you be interested in getting? Please comment on this post.

To give you an idea, so far we have secured some credit from our hardware sponsor Newegg and also 15 items (shirts, etc.) from SplitReason for secondary prizes. Obviously the bigger prizes will consist on PC hardware but we have to decide whether to give one or two BIG prizes or several smaller items.
Among the products I have thought of giving away we have: Radeon 9800 Pro, Radeon 9600s, DVD Burners, PC2700+ RAM. It could be some combination of those items or something like that, we want to hear your thoughts.

In case you are curious, we do have decided what the contest itself will consist of... in order to be eligible you must remain an active poster in our news coverage, that is, post comments in those threads created from our daily news coverage... then of course the more thoughtful comments have a bigger chance of winning, but we will unveil more details on that later.

Oh one thing; you guys must be crazy to give away a 9800 pro. I have never seen anykind of website give away a 9800 pro. the best thing I have come across if a 5900. Props to everyone @ techspot if they do decide to give away a 9800 Pro. One last thing I think if you guys give away any DDR ram it should be 3200 instead of 2700 though I am not giving anything away so my opinion means sh*t. Hehe, jk :D

Whatever hardware you happen to be giving away has that one quality I'm looking for. It's ... FREE !!!;)

*cough*DVD-Burner*cough*

But now since the contest has been launched, I guess we have to expect loads of new members doing tons of posts again...

This time we're ready for them !!!

belokan.gif

LOL, Didou your last line and that picture were perfect together!

PC2700 RAM? That's getting a little old don't you think? I mean, we have like PC4000000000 now.

Otherwise it looks all fine and dandy! I can't wait :D

Originally posted by Vehementi
PC2700 RAM? That's getting a little old don't you think? I mean, we have like PC4000000000 now.
That's why I put it like "2700+", I guess it could be PC3200 or anything higher depending on what we can get.

I would like to know if you believe any other hardware could draw more attention to the contest as well as what you would prefer, bigger prizes in smaller quantity or something in-between... :confused: :confused: :confused:

How about Corsair PC3200LL TwinX Ram or maybe SATA RAID controller with dual Raptor Drives. Some Logitec Z-680 speakers would also be nice. Oh, wait I have all that ....nah, I don't really need anything myself. That DVD burner sounds nice for me. I just think the other things would be nice for somebody else.

Originally posted by werty316
9600 pro aiw is great but a 9800XT is the best
That does kind of bring up a good question. What kind of budget on a prize are we looking at? Im sure it wont be outrageous like a big ole plasma screen TV, but will it be in the range of some higher end PC hardware? If its going to be nice I would say do something like a combo like prize. If you are going to do a high end video card then toss a high end game on top so you can put your prize to immediate use. Or maybe something like a set of nice PC speakers and a soundcard to go with them. A motherboard and a processor, there are all kinds of neat combos that will work hand in hand that would make killer prizes. This would even work for not so high end stuff. The reason I say this is I got a set of really nice speakers and a soundcard for an early x-mas gift and it was so much better than getting one or the other because they went hand in hand. Dont think Im trying to be all greedy or something, like I said, you could have lower end stuff. You could do a set of 6.1 Inspire speakers and a bottom of the line Audigy 2 ZS/ Hercules Fortissmo III 7.1 combo that would be a nice gift package. Anyone else think this isnt a bad idea?

p.s. you guys mentioned a DVD Burner, well, you could do a burner and a pack of blanks. An outfit like that wouldnt cost much more than $275 if even that much.

lian li type pc cases would be pretty darn cool too (shipping would probably be expensive though). digital cameras probably cost too much money. maybe some cathode ray tubes, led fans, or other things of that nature would be nice.

anyways whatever it is, free stuff is always cool. :grinthumb

Originally posted by Didou
But now since the contest has been launched, I guess we have to expect loads of new members doing tons of posts again...

This time we're ready for them !!!

belokan.gif
Ok, it's time for me to get serious it appears. When the contests roll around, the BS starts flying.

It's a good think Didou lent me his radioactive suit so I don't get covered in it.

An XP CPU or 9600Pro or 9700Pro or 9800Pro is the only thing I would like to see. Anything is just an awesome compliment

Originally posted by Julio
That's why I put it like "2700+", I guess it could be PC3200 or anything higher depending on what we can get.

Ah I see! I think subconciously I registered that as something like the Athlon XP PR ratings, which caused me to ignore it and look at the real clock speed...:eek:

But yes, PC3200 would probably be the best choice. Didn't we have an advertising or partnership deal with Crucial?

Something else that might be cool - a little "case-mod pack" with something like a side window kit, an LED fan, a UV cold cathode, and some round UV reactive IDE cables?

Giving away software would be cool too - games like CALL OF DUTY or like MAX PAYNE 2! :D

Originally posted by Vehementi
Giving away software would be cool too - games like CALL OF DUTY or like MAX PAYNE 2! :D

Call of Duty is a great game. I think it is better than Medal of Honor. Max Payne is is good too. Thats what I am currently playin.:grinthumb

Originally posted by MoRulez
The Antec 1080 AMG Case would be one h*ll of a prize....

But wouldn't it post a little problem shipping?
What's usually nice about computer components is that they are light, small and easy to ship, but that isn't allways the case with the case (;))...

Anyways, my vote goes for the DVD-burner and 9800pro... As with that I'll be able to build a nice LAN rig :D

I like the idea of giving away *lots* of smaller prizes, as that will enable more members to win something. Maybe just the one large prize (9800Pro) for whoever deserves it most. It's nice to make as many members happy as possible, and perhaps any runners-up winners can choose a game of their choice.

Usually we have 2-3 large prizes awarded to people who've made a really good contribution to the forums in terms of helpfulness, information, number of posts (with strict quality rating taken in account, etc.)

There's usually special mention of those particular people.

Also, its something of a "status symbol" - or the closest that we will ever have to one here, where its likely that if you kept up the same behaviour over longer term, you might get into the restricted parts of the forums.

Nothing is certain, of course, but lots moderators were former prize winners here. I and many of the others were. I won a motherboard, I think. It was a while ago.

I wish everyone the best of luck. Try to concentrate on quantity AND quality. That's very important.

scanner and case

Hi, I'm a newbie to the forum, but I've been an avid visitor, since it was called 3dspotlight.com.

Well I'm looking to ascertain a scanner and a case the chieftec looks great and has some nice reviews. But honestly I would love to get anything at all to help me build a new (post P3 450Mhz) system.

A.K.

Props are there no matter what you guys think of. Anything will be great. It wouldnt stop me from visiting the site for daily tech news if they were crappy items.:D

Well, the Antec case is approx. 31 pounds, and I'd agree, it isn't a good potential prize due to shipping problems. But, personally, I'd gladly pay up for the shipping and handling if I won it. I mean just look at that thing

one sexy case...

But I believe that it'd be best to allow several "small" prizes so more people win, instead of one big one, but one "big" prize is great to for the site, if not better than the smaller prizes.

i would say that a nice CPU or Video Card are ALWAYS safe bets in giveaways. either that or cpu/mb combo. I certainly wouldn't turn one away, and i dont know who would!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back