Just built PC, no display

Hello,
Just Built a new PC for the first time however no matter what I seem to do, there is never a display with any monitor I use. I have an
- Asus AMD 880G ATX Motherboard
- NVidia gtx 560 graphics card
- AMD Phenom 2 4x3.4GHZ CPU
- 500w corsair power supply
I have tried all output source available and even removed the graphics card and used intergrated ports, still no signal to monitor.
An help would be great
Thanks

Ok, assuming everything is powering on as it should with proper connections, is the primary graphic adapter set to PCI-E in the BIOS?
If so, try hooking up the monitor with another system (maybe your friend's) and see if it's working. If it isnt, get it replaced.

This is just me being me, but for starters, I would seriously be thinking that the power supply might have something to do with the lack of video. So if I was in this situation, I would be thinking two ways of going about fixing this problem. (1) Either swap out or exchange the power supply with a more powerful one, maybe like start out around 650 watt's and work my way up until I found a winner. (2) Exchange the motherboard and see if the board was purchased defective and see if a new one would fix the problem. Personally if I was in Vegas I'd put all my chip's on "weak power supply"! 500 watt's is cool and all for like basic systems, but when you start venturing into things like powerful video cards, high powered processor chips and other such devices, 500 watt's more likely then not fails to make the grade.

"My 2 cents"!

Make sure you used motherboard standoffs unless the motherboard tray has them built-in and be sure the standoffs are lined up under each mounting hole and not contacting the motherboard anywhere else.

Ok so firstly, the motherboard is definitely mounted and there is no connection between that and the frame which would cause it to short circuit.
Secondly I went through rigorous testing before I purchased my power supply and it all said that 430 w was ideal so for safety I even went up to 500w.
Lastly I am unable to view the bios so I can't really change anything from there! :( But the monitors I am trying to use are the monitors I'm using for my old pc which I'm on at the moment.

Thanks for all your reply's
I hope this made it slightly more clear.

Back