Kasperski worth a go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

resu

Hi
I've been tasked with finding a new antivirus for our work network. We currently use e-trust, but I prefere to have a good rotation of antivirus software as I feel it keeps manufacturers on their toes! lol
Anyway I've been recommended Kasperski as an alternative to e-trust.

I've been asking about and have found out some intresting stories and I was wondering whether anyone has heard the same kind of things about Kasperski....

When kasperski was 1st released it was a very small fish in a massive sea of AV apps. shortly after the release of kasperski a powerful virus did the rounds (affecting loads of computers) Kasperski was able to cure it 1st within a week (or something like that)
shortly after that another uber virus did the rounds and guess what.... kasperski was the 1st to solve it.
This happend again a year or so later.

All the other AV giants kicked up a fuss and said taht it was very unlikely that those viruses could be cured so quickly, and basically implied that kasperski had written those viruses so that they could be the 1st to cure them!

Kasperski are still a relativly young company and yet they are one of the major players now.

is it just stories thrown about by jealous rivals or is there some thruth about it ?

i've had KasperskY for a Full year now, havent had any infections or any issues at all, Dont hold that against me as i am quite a careful user. But Yes they are quick to respond to new virus' and provide frequent updates, low performance decrease and overal very easy to use....

Kaspersky as an anti-virus is excellent. It's detection methods are much superior, kaspersky uses a method which looks for characteristic parts in the code which can be used to identify a virus. Kaspersky is worlds better anti Virus.

ahh cool cheers for the replies.
i've been told to look at NOD32 aswell but tbh i've been too busy to even attempt to test it!

Kaspersky does seem the better option atm :)

yes i have used Both NOD32 and Kaspersky and kaspersky gets my vote, it is faster to scan, more Thorough and provides better protection, that reminds me if you want a link for a cheap legal licsense in the UK just PM me :)

Kaspersky's software is very effective - probably the best antivirus out there - but it takes up a lot of system resources, and it goes off at even the slightest hint of a problem. It might not be a good idea for novice or intermediate computer users.

I've been using it for a year or two now and the only significant problem I've had with it is slowed down internet browsing speed, but I'm investigating it as we speak (hopefully it'll be unique to my system and not a virus or kaspersky).

I use Kaspersky also, (Security Suite that is). To me it's fairly user friendly, easy setup, scans fast, and I've never had the first problem with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back