Kill SP2 in XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unmountable Boot Volume Problems Help Help Oh God Please Help!!!

Unmountable Boot Volume Hell

:evil:

So gentlemen...here is my problem. I'm running a custom Cyberpower computer...(Cyberpower's customer support has of late been extremely ****ty.) and I have been having some major problems with my computer since I moved my computer back up to college for Fall semester. When I transported the computer from home to my new apartment in Duluth, I put the cpu in the back of the car and when I tried to start the computer up I kept on getting errors where the computer would not let me boot into windows (same error as my current one? can't remember.) but anyway I was forced to make a new partition to install windows on and I had alot of data that I would like to access from that old partition that I cannot access...but anyway I reinstalled XP with the recovery CD and essentially lost 3 years worth of videos, pictures, and files ( I don't know how to access them and most of my hard drive is taken up by what i believe is the partition.) After I installed it, it ran rather nicely for awhile back in September I believe it was but then about maybe a month and a half or two months ago I had a problem where I had to run chkdsk to get the system up and running again because it would just randomly freeze all the time. I tried to get cyberpower to send me a new motherboard, and video card and they couldn't figure out what in the hell was causing the computer to crash all the time. I figured that it was the video card and they agreed, but then when I talked to another of their customer service representatives they later had me take out the video card and the computer didn't beep which signified that it wasn't the video card's problem but the motherboard's problem and since I got the computer back when I was still in high school in like March or 2003 they wouldn't provide a ****ing new motherboard so I had to go on ebay and order a leadtek win whatever new motherboard and install it myself.

By the grace of god and alot of tinkering I was able to fix the system by reinstalling the motherboard which was something that I had never attempted before. I thought that this would be the end of my problems, but no. The problem was solved and I didn't notice any problems but several weeks later I start to get this **** about the unmountable boot volume blue screen of death every time I boot on. This is the technical infomation that it gives me:

STOP: 0x000000ED (0x81EF4900, 0XC0000032, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

BTW I'm running an AMD Athlon XP 2600+w/ 512 mb of Ram and a nice 128 MB Geforce 3 Video Card, just fyi on system specs.

Also when I installed the new motherboard I haven't been able to get the front hard drive small led to work...(I don't know where to hook up the cable on the bottom of the motherboard for the two DVD ROM led lights and the power on HD activity green and yellow lights on a winfast k7ncr18d motherboard.

So when I boot to the repair cd now with the windows setup screen, after it displays the usual dialog about "setup is loading" blah blah blah all of the drivers after that it gets to the Windows XP HOme Edition Setup BIOS dialog and I select r for repair. When I do this it always gets to 36% and then reports that there are unrecoverable disk errors on the drive when I run chkdsk. Bad news. :( So then when I go to the setup dialog box, this is what I see:

There is a C: Partition with 76317 MB (76316 free) at ID 0 on bus 0 on atapi [mbr]. It is labeled partition 1 (unknown). There are several options asking me to either set up a windows xp on the selected item, create a partition in the unpartitioned space, or to delete the selected partition. I don't know what to do and I am at my wit's end! Please any help would be greatly appreciated!

Please email suggestions to matthewdenn@msn.com or denn0155@d.umn.edu .

Sincerely,

Matt Denn
www.mattdenn.cjb.net
matthewdenn@msn.com
denn0155@d.umn.edu

omg lol i didnt notice, i use the new post tab so i only looked at it thinking it was new

sorry, and thinks iron duke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back