Koolynoody downloader help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read and begin with the suggested programs and logs:
Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions:
https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/

You will have multiple entries that have to be found and removed.

There is one thing you can do now though. Kooly like to put itself in the Trusted zone, making it impossible to restrict it:
Open IE> Tools> Internet options> Security tab> Trusted zone> Sites> if Koolynoody is here, highlight and remove, but make note of the entry. Then go to the Restricted Zone> Sites> type in the Koolynoody entry> Add.

This does not take the place of the cleaning, so follow through with that.

its not in the trusted zone and it tells me its in another zone when i try to add it to the restricted zone. i have gone through most of the steps you directed me to. which log files do u want?

Follow the instructions on the site I left. There are a total of 15 steps, with instructions for posting your logs. Once they find Koolynoody and most likely other malware and you're clean, you can then add it to the Restricted Sites.

here is my mbam log

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.20
Database version: 961
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2

03:06:13 PM 7/17/2008
mbam-log-7-17-2008 (15-06-13).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|D:\|)
Objects scanned: 170686
Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 35 minute(s), 17 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 1

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\unagiuninst.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Question: I see HIPS Firewall Helper (UmxFwHlp) - CA - C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxFwHlp.exe
Tiny Software Firewall User-Mode Helper. Made by Tiny Software, Inc. A subsidiary of Computer_Associates_International The file associated with this service is located in the Program Files\Tiny Firewall folder.
There are some other processes for HIPS> Host(-based) Intrusion Prevention System.. You have the Computer Associates Internet Suite. Is this an additional installation? If so, you may be doubling up on firewall.

i have CA Security Center,i downloaded it, but that is the only firewall that i am running that i know of. do i need to get rid of this? sorry, i don't know anything about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back