Laptop battery problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a fujitsu siemens d7850 that I got in january
at first the battery can run about 30mins without power but as months gone on this got less and less upto the point where it switches off in 1minute unless i switch on the power supply

last week i was using it on power supply before the laptop just switched off and now i cant get it back on!! i tried replugging, removing the battery and starting it but nothing seems to work. the power supply seems fine because the power indicator light comes on when i plug it in. does this mean the battery is dead? or is there something else wrong?

also i thought removing battery the laptop can run just on power supply but thats not worked either

please help me!! thanks a lot

pacaso said:
I have a fujitsu siemens d7850 that I got in january
at first the battery can run about 30mins without power but as months gone on this got less and less upto the point where it switches off in 1minute unless i switch on the power supply

last week i was using it on power supply before the laptop just switched off and now i cant get it back on!! i tried replugging, removing the battery and starting it but nothing seems to work. the power supply seems fine because the power indicator light comes on when i plug it in. does this mean the battery is dead? or is there something else wrong?

also i thought removing battery the laptop can run just on power supply but thats not worked either

please help me!! thanks a lot

Hi

It should run without the battery,

But then you might have fried the PSU charging a duff battery (the green light usually indicates AC present and is not a guarantee that its has an output) you could try metering the plug to see if there is voltage.

Also it could be the lappy has failed at the voltage convertor from old age or again from overcharging the battery, heat builds up and it could have caused a dry joint.

Regards

It doesnt run without battery, i wish it did
what does it mean if i have "fried the psu"? and how do i meter the plug
(sorry if i seem so dumb, i probs am!)
dont think its old age, its a fairly new laptop with great specs
if there is a "dry joint" what can i do?
thanks again

Ididmyc600 said:
.. heat builds up and it could have caused a dry joint.
:blackeye: you got to be kidding :knock: Either the soder joint is
good or bad from the beginning ( it's called a cold joint ).

After 40 years of Ham radio, I've N E V E R seen a joint 'go dry'.

Get some coffee and sober up.

Using a voltmeter, does your power-supply give a (correct) reading?
If not, you'll need a new PSU.
Also, 30 minutes for a battery is really poor! Must have been a cheap or bad battery to start with!
My IBM Thinkpad T23 does 3 - 3.5 hours on one charge!

just because the LT was new, does not mean the battery was fresh --
it could have been on the shelf for many months.

if it will not recharge (? and you need to verify the reading re RealBlackStuff)
then
1) the internal charger is not working OR
2) the battery will not take a charge

hence: get a new battery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back