Laptop can connect but not desktop to wireless router

Status
Not open for further replies.

xquizyt

Its weird.
My laptop gets on the network fine wireless. However, my desktop which is connected by ethernet does not connect / minimal connection after installing Avast anti-virus.

Really don't want to do another reset because it takes forever to get the laptop to connect again after resetting. Is there anything I can do to the desktop to make it connect?

Do you have the evil friend, COMODO, installed. That has been our usual cause lately... they have moved beyond their reputation

We are beginning to see all sorts of similar problems with the Comodo firewall blocking and misbehaving... Easy to remove. Easy to reinstall if you miss it.
It is important to see how well your system works without Comodo. The last two updates are causing various problems that block network printers, block small netoworks and even usb connections.

re: comodo

ouch! may I suggest a new thread with version/symptoms being seen due to Comodo?

Would be helpful to others with like conditions. :)

Comodo asks for opinions on why you cancel, so we are having all of our clients report the many problems... mainly due to networks, and color laser printers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back