Laptop crashed, cannot connect to Internet help me please

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a durabook laptop that crashed. I then reinstalled windows xp onto it. Now i dont have any sound so im guessing that drives are all messed up. I plug the internet which is cable, straight into the computer, and it does not connect. So now im stuck with a computer with basically just windows xp on it and nothing else at all.. I cant get onto the internet to download the drivers either obviously. Can someone help me? Id really appreciate it Ive been trying to fix it for a year and a half.

hi ChelseaW

Did you get a Motherboard CD when you bought your computer? All the necessary drivers should be on there. Erm, and as for not being able to access the internet, how did you post that message? Also, give us the model of the laptop, any other information you have (processor, motherboard, sound card, video card etc.) and we'll try and help you find the drivers you need.

Spyder_1386 :)

i didnt get a motherboard cd, i called gammatech and they said they could sell me one for 75 dollars and 50 dollars shipping (which is ridiculous) and i know there is a way to download the drivers myself, I just dont know how to get to download them onto that computer If I cant get on the website that has them.... Right now im using a computer at my work.

Ive actually found a way to download and burn the drivers onto a cd.
my next question is, how do i know which drivers i need? or should i just assume i need all of them since the computer crashed? thanks for the help

You'll need your motherboard drivers (including usb etc), your audio and video, network card (internet) ... anything else you purchased and put on the system should have come with driver Cds .... hopefully you still have those or you'll have to download them as well. If you need any help finding the drivers you need, please do give us information on your system like I asked for in my previous post.

Spyder_1386 :)

If you have a cable internet connection, I suggest you call the ISP and have them check your cable modem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back