Laptop froze, now dead

Hey guys and gals, I'm new here (obviously) but last night, I picked up my computer, popped the screen open and tried to move my pointer.

It was froze where I last left it and nothing would move. I held the power button for about 15 seconds and it didn't power down (the fans were still going and everything) I unplugged it, and nothing happened, so I took the battery out (and obviously it died) I put the battery back in and tried turning it on but nothing. No lights, nothing!

I plugged the charger in and still nothing, no charging light or anything. Just lays there... like my girlfriend :p

Any ideas?

It's a Dell Inspiron 1501 (got it in 2003) running XP.
I have replaced the battery before, and also the charger (a little over a year ago)

Thanks,
Kanikas

Hey guys and gals, I'm new here (obviously) but last night, I picked up my computer, popped the screen open and tried to move my pointer.

It was froze where I last left it and nothing would move. I held the power button for about 15 seconds and it didn't power down (the fans were still going and everything) I unplugged it, and nothing happened, so I took the battery out (and obviously it died) I put the battery back in and tried turning it on but nothing. No lights, nothing!

I plugged the charger in and still nothing, no charging light or anything. Just lays there... like my girlfriend :p

Any ideas?

It's a Dell Inspiron 1501 (got it in 2003) running XP.
I have replaced the battery before, and also the charger (a little over a year ago)

Thanks,
Kanikas

Try a different wall outlet. Make sure ALL power cord connections are snug.

That was the first thing I did. Then tested it on 3 different wall plugs that are confirmed working.

Still nothing.

It could be the charger, but its unlikely. It sounds terminal to me, to be honest.

Remove your battery and try and power it solely off of the charger. Does it work then?

8 years old, I think its gone. I wish you well. Might remove the harddrive to see if your info if removable.

I removed the harddrive. Can't you buy a device to hook your harddrive to a portable harddrive and move files?

Or what would be the easiest move?

Yes you can. Go out and buy a 2.5" HDD Enclosure. This will allow you to use that HDD as a External HDD if it works.

Back