Laptop HDD prevent me from booting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a laptop ADVENT (Pcworld) Crab I now. I took out HDD, It boots up OK using Windows CD like 2000 and XP installation CD.
I connected It to another computer using HDD external Kit USB connection, HDD is seeing and working.
When I put it back into the Advent Laptop. It boots up to Screen with Intel sign in the middle and nothing happened. It prevent me for using F1 F2 or other F command, I cannot go to bios at all. When I remove the HDD from laptop. I can go all the way to windows installation and bios extra but without HDD detection.
Any advice is highly appreciated.

Definately sounds like a connection issue.

But try this first anyway:-

Remove all power (adaptor and battery)
Hold down the power button for 30 secs (dispersing all internal voltage)
Insert the power adaptor only (you can put the battery back later, when off again)
Turn on your laptop

Reply back

Thanks for that
I have done this but still the same problem
If I go to Bios F1 without HDD plugged It works
When I connect HDD to Laptop Bios Menu freeze completely
HDD connection to motherboard.....How to test connection please?
many thanks

This may sound a bit rough.

But really swiftly put the HardDrive in (now I suppose there's a fine line here)
But basically, you just need to make sure the connection is fully seated inside the laptop.

Also check the pins end of the harddrive and confirm all looks ok

You likely have fouled up the install process by moving the hard drive to different hardware. You will probably benefit from booting to the Windows CD and running an install in R or Repair mode to get things back to normal.
Whenever Windows detects a change of any hardware other than memory or power supply, it will assume you are trying ****** the install and block futher use by default.

And the big question how to make the sure the connection is ok inside the laptop?
Windows CD runs but does not see the HDD. What Can I do to correct this problem?

And the big question how to make the sure the connection is ok inside the laptop
I agree, but usually these pins are ok, as the harddrive slides perfectly into the laptop.
You might be able to tell by any imperfections (pin wise) on the HardDrive itself.

By the way, can you return the HardDrive to external USB, then fully backup, then format. Or ideally, remove the partition fully.

Then return it to the laptop
Just incase the Partition has affected the laptop seeing it somehow.

Many thanks

I have removed HDD and used USB connection to Another Laptop and formate the disk
Windows CD is booting without HDD inside the Laptop. When HDD is connected I loose bios and Windows installation telling me there is no HDD found.

The laptop is new less than one year old and pins and internal connection is OK.
no signs of external damage.

Mabey it is a problem with your SATA drivers. The windows setup wont work properly if your BIOS allows SATA. (Unless your got the drivers)

Try disabling any SATA options in your BIOS, then throw in your HD again and see if windows setup works.

Best test is to use a borrowed hard drive that you can reformat and reinstall. Format it in your Advent, then cold boot and reinstall Windows.
That then tells you whether the problem is with the hard drive, or the computer.
At this point, do not meddle further if it is still under warranty. Get it back to the seller or manufacturer for warranty work.
Too many times, you can lose your warranty by opening the case and performing work yourself.
If the borrowed drive works, install your drive. Reformat it in your Advent, not the USB drive. Reboot and install Windows. See how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back