Laptop Power Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

-Stevo-

Ive got a Hp Pavilion ze4500 laptop.. When my laptop is pluged into the ac adapter the screen flickers, Just enough to be annoying and i have no idea if its the motherboard or that i should replace the ac adapter. Anyone know whats going on?? Thanks

Hmm thats why laptops are kind of tuffies. It could be the Mobo, could be the screen, could be the ac adapter, could be video card drivers, ect. I would say check for new video card drivers first, then work your way to the adapter, ect.

If I were you, I'd try another outlet in your house. May be that outlet is picking up some interference or something. Are you running it through a surge protector of battery backup?

Sounds like the conector from the LCD Monitor to the MOBO is loose. Try pushing down the socket into place. If it still flicker you got a bad part which is located behind the Monitor, I can't think of the proper name. It can be replace without replace the whole panel. Then again sometimes most techs will replace the entire panel which usually comes with new parts to solve the problem. If it's under protection then let HP fix your problem. Otherwise the cost would be the labor. I can fix most LCD Panels in 15 mins to 30 mins. Not really that hard to fix.

Hmmmm thanks for the replys ill try a few of them.. Im not running the laptop through any power sergers etc.. ill try a different power socket and c if that makes a different if not ill take the laptop apart

Don't have to take it apart, mostly depending on the model there might require a pin cushion to popup the lid near the power button to access the where it connects to the Mobo. I would have to see a pic of laptop when open lid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back