Laptop restarts over and over w/nothing on screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, this is simple enough to explain, i just don't know what the problem actually is and haven't seen this same thread yet.

Toshiba Satellite a35-s1593
I noticed less than a week ago that my charge light on the laptop was not coming on, so i looked at the jack, sure enough it was broken, the inner cylinder(for lack of a better name).. gone, i don't know what happened, other than the possibility that one of my pets knocked the charger off my night stand and the stress was enough to break it. before this i had been waiting for it to break knowing it is the week spot for most laptops.

So i got the replacement jack in two days ago, took the laptop apart yesterday, and finished de-soldering the old input off the motherboard and then soldered the new one on tonight (all this just a couple of hours ago). Finally all back together in one peice and trouble trouble trouble.

This is probably my fault somehow because this is the first jack i have fixed and the satellite was a pain to dismantle. But, basically what i got now is a laptop that is showing it is being charged (Hurray, i actually fix what i was trying to), but whenever i try to turn it on, plugged in or not, i hear the fans kick in as normal, all leds ignite as normal, but nothing comes up on the screen. The fans stop after the initial loud start, and then the laptop turns off (kind of sounds like when you do a hard shut down). The laptop then after a sec starts back up and does the exact same thing. I have to take the battery out to get it to stop recycling these actions.

I probably did something wrong that could have done this such as put a wrong size screw back in, or more likely... This one small dot of solder got away from me and landed on the board. I blew on it to cool it down and then removed it using a pair of tweezers.

I just wanted to see if this is somthing i am over looking or if i just trashed the mobo. I was very excited when it turned on at all because people stress so much about static charge completely killing mobos, but i haven't had a static problem yet, unless this is the first. Please let me know what you think.

sorry i know this is long i was just trying to be very descriptive.

i'm sorry, i just found another thread that sounds about the same and it said the system board was dead. If anyone disagrees w/that diagnosis, please let me know. Thanks

Oh, sorry again, i just tried taking the battery out, pressing the power button and waiting about five minutes to put the battery back in and now it is working again. Sorry about the wasted thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back