Laptop screen issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi y'all
I have a hp pavilion 1000. My monitor's image is very faint. If you tilt the screen you can barely make out what's on it. I purchased a new screen but the issue is still there. What could be wrong with my monitor or register? When I send it to the serial port, I can view the screen fine on another monitor. Please help? Thanks!

*Edit*

My initial post was incorrect :(. Sorry.

You're sure everything is totally attached and connected properly between the LCD and motherboard?

I had a problem with that when I first purchased my laptop. I would keep trying to reposition the angle of the screen and sometimes it would work, if it's still under warranty you can try to get it back to the manufacturer. I also googled it at the time and it said it may have been loose wiring to the monitor.

"When I send it to the serial port, I can view the screen fine on another monitor"...

Did you mean " When I send it to the external video port"? If the motherboard was the cause, I think that the external video port wouldn't work. It almost has to be a bad LDC panel replacement, or a damaged LCD panel connection on the motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back