Laptop touchpad not working Windows 8

So I needed to disable the touch pad on my laptop and the icon in the task bar was not there like it was, I needed to re-install cause things were getting slow everything works like it should now. But I went to the Control Panel and went to where you would disable the touch pad and the disable button is grayed out. I don't know why and I want to disable it.

(Attached is what I see when I get to the mouse from the control panel)

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    20.9 KB · Views: 6
If rebooting dose not work. You may need to go the retail site. Of who ever made your lap top. and down load the drivers for your touch pad. It looks as though. When you reinstall your os the drivers for the touch pad were not installed.

If rebooting dose not work. You may need to go the retail site. Of who ever made your lap top. and down load the drivers for your touch pad. It looks as though. When you reinstall your os the drivers for the touch pad were not installed.

Yeah, didnt they take that easy driver installation out of Windows 8?

It is most likely a synaptics touchpad, so download the driver from here.

No, I don't think they did take the easy driver installation out. As to why they did not. Your guess is as good as mine. Its Microsoft after all.

No, I don't think they did take the easy driver installation out. As to why they did not. Your guess is as good as mine. Its Microsoft after all.

People say that they took out that feature where if you are missing a driver, you can restart and it will auto install it.

It still picks up microsoft drivers for everything. It just dose not have any other drivers for your extra device. Like it used to.

Back