Lenovo y700 screen doesn't wake up from sleep

Hello,

I have a lenovo y700 on Windows 10 and when I put my laptop to sleep, I am able to turn it back on. But sometimes the screen stays black and the keyboard lights are on. Such that the computer did start up but the screen doesn't want to.

The only way I am able to fix this is buy putting the computer to sleep multiple times and then wake it up back again and after once or twice it starts to work. The solution (fool-proof) is to hold the power button to shut it down and then start it up again.

I bought this laptop a week ago and (yes) I updated all my drivers(including NVIDA GPU) and windows updates. I also don't have that many background apps running.

Here are my specs:
Lenovo Ideapad Y700-15 Laptop - 80NV005FUS
  • Processor - 6th Generation Intel Core i7-6700HQ (2.60GHz 1600MHz 6MB)
  • Operating System - Windows 10 Home 64
  • Memory - 16.0GB PC4-17000 DDR4 2133 MHz
  • Graphics Card - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4GB
  • Hard Drive - 1TB 5400 RPM+128GB SSD

Thanks for your time, cheers

Bouga

Last edited:
Click the little white window on the far left of the taskbar, select Settings, System, Power & Sleep. Turn sleep off

If you go into Control Panel and find Power settings you can set things as you want. If that doesn't work out consider taking the laptop back. You shouldn't be having issues right at the start. I'm not sure I applaud your decision to update all the drivers. The graphics drivers certainly if you are a keen gamer but otherwise I'm in favour of leaving well alone. Windows 10 will look out for anything that needs updating and if it aint broke don't fix it. There's a few recent posts from people who decided to update drivers and have got into a mess.

If you go into Control Panel and find Power settings you can set things as you want. If that doesn't work out consider taking the laptop back. You shouldn't be having issues right at the start. I'm not sure I applaud your decision to update all the drivers. The graphics drivers certainly if you are a keen gamer but otherwise I'm in favour of leaving well alone. Windows 10 will look out for anything that needs updating and if it aint broke don't fix it. There's a few recent posts from people who decided to update drivers and have got into a mess.

Thank you for your help. I have fixed the issue by reseting defaults in the bios menu. and reininstalling energy manager and lenovo utility. I learned this from another forum .

quote:

Turn off the pc and use the Novo key (item 5 page 6) to launch novo menu and choose BIOS set up.

The Exit tab in the BIOS tab would offer load optimal defaults then save and exit then restart .

Uninstall Energy Manager on Programs and Features and download updated version from support site including Lenovo Utility for Windows 10 (64-bit) - Notebook driver.

Within windows , you can try to check for system file integrity using sfc /scannow on elevated CMD .

Well done, but it's no recommendation for buying from Lenovo. It's ridiculous that you've had to do that with a new laptop. These days it's a reasonable expectation that you switch on and everything works properly.

Well done, but it's no recommendation for buying from Lenovo. It's ridiculous that you've had to do that with a new laptop. These days it's a reasonable expectation that you switch on and everything works properly.
good point, I've been too patient so I now know to avoid them next time!

Thank you for your help. I have fixed the issue by reseting defaults in the bios menu. and reininstalling energy manager and lenovo utility. I learned this from another forum .

quote:

Turn off the pc and use the Novo key (item 5 page 6) to launch novo menu and choose BIOS set up.

The Exit tab in the BIOS tab would offer load optimal defaults then save and exit then restart .

Uninstall Energy Manager on Programs and Features and download updated version from support site including Lenovo Utility for Windows 10 (64-bit) - Notebook driver.

Within windows , you can try to check for system file integrity using sfc /scannow on elevated CMD .
hello brother.
I have exactly the same laptop with exactly same specs.I did the bios set up but could not find how to uninstall energy manager and where to install new one.Please help I have been suffering a lot

Back