Lenovo's Yoga Book 9i laptop packs dual 13.3" OLED touchscreens

Shawn Knight

Staff member
In a nutshell: Lenovo at CES 2023 has unveiled the first full size dual-screen OLED laptop. The Yoga Book 9i features a pair of 13.3-inch 2.8K OLED PureSight touchscreen displays (16:10 aspect ratio) supporting 100 percent of the DCI-P3 color space and Dolby Vision HDR, and is powered by a 13th Gen Intel Core i7-U15 processor.

Versatility and productivity is the name of the game here, as the new Yoga certainly proves that two screens are better than one in almost every scenario.

The convertible can be used in laptop, tablet or tent mode as needed.

The Verge stopped by Lenovo's suite for a hands-on demo. According to the pub, the Yoga Book 9i will ship with three USB-C ports, a 5MP main camera and up to 16GB of RAM. In laptop mode without the Bluetooth keyboard, a virtual keyboard with haptic feedback can be used as a fill in. There's even a virtual touchpad complete with mouse click "buttons" that reportedly feel convincing enough.

As you'll see in the video, the Yoga Book 9i is heavy on gestures. Five-finger taps here, eight-finger swipes there, etc., and the transitions look as if they could be a bit smoother. Some might struggle to remember all of the gesture combos, but perhaps they'll be easier to recall with continued use.

The system also features a 360-degree rotating sound bar with Bowers & Wilkins speakers and support for Dolby Atmos spatial audio. What's more, it runs Windows 11 and Lenovo also includes the detachable Bluetooth keyboard as well as a kickstand and a Smart Pen stylus in the base package so you aren't having to pay extra for optional accessories to get the most out of the platform.

Battery life is rated at up to 10 hours in dual-screen mode at 150 nits of brightness, or up to 14 hours in single-screen mode. Buyers will be able to choose from either a 512GB or 1TB Gen4 PCIe SSD when configuring the device.

The Lenovo Yoga Book 9i will start at $2,099.99, and is expected to be available starting in June 2023.

Permalink to story.

THIS. This is exactly what we've been needing from the 2-in-1 world. If the keyboard is designed so that it won't scratch that screen and the thing is reasonably powerful we're talking hybrid nirvana (although two-handed gestures are pretty stupid). Can't wait till the Chinese blatant knockoffs arrive. Wonder if they'll call one of them the Courier :)

Last edited:
THIS. This is exactly what we've been needing from the 2-in-1 world. If the keyboard is designed so that it won't scratch that screen and the thing is reasonably powerful we're talking hybrid nirvana (although two-handed gestures are pretty stupid). Can't wait till the Chinese blatant knockoffs arrive. Wonder if they'll call one of them the Courier :)
I want to agree, but I'll wait to see how it works in practice. Two handed gestures will be useless, but if you a keyboard on-screen then it better support key smashing... I'd actually use that.

A more modern Toshiba Libretto W100.

It does look very cool and I love the colour. That said, it's too big for me and I'd want Wacom EMR, not the AES or MPP that that invariably will use.

So now, you have 2x the risk of burn ins. Until now, I still don't feel that OLED is suited for a device that you leave the screen static most of the time. This device may sound nice on paper, but will likely mean that the user needs to change their laptop/ PC usage patterns to minimize chance of screen burn ins. OLEDs now are more resilient to burn ins, but the display technology is more susceptible to burn ins as its downside.

Back