LG's 2021 OLED TV lineup arrives, starting at $1,300

nanoguy

Staff member
TL;DR: LG's latest OLED TVs are here, and they range from $1,300 for the smallest, most basic A1 model up to $6,000 for the 83-inch, premium G1 that carries all the bells and whistles. The company will also continue selling the ZX series of 8K OLED TVs for people who want the bleeding edge, but you'd be hard pressed to find enough 8K content for it at this time.

If you've been on the lookout for an OLED TV, LG recently revealed its 2021 lineup, complete with pricing and availability information. The star of the show is no doubt the G1 "Gallery" series, which is equipped with the company's new "OLED evo" panel that's supposed to offer improved brightness and image clarity.

The "Gallery" aesthetic is made possible by its thin bezel that includes wall mounting leaving "virtually no gap from screen to wall." As for other notable features, gamers will be able to enjoy support for variable refresh rate of up to 120 Hz, courtesy of the HDMI 2.1 interface.

Those improvements do come at a cost, however, as going for the smallest 55-inch G1 model will set you back $2,199. The 65-inch and 77-inch versions cost $2,999 and $4,499, respectively, and will become available later this month, while those of you interested in the 55-inch G1 will have to wait until next month.

LG's C1 series is the mid-tier option, and it also comes in more sizes than the G1 series. Both are powered by the company's latest processor, which LG says leverages machine learning to adjust image settings based on the content that's being played on the screen.

The smallest C1 model is a 48-incher with an MSRP of $1,500, while the 55-, 65-, 77-, and 83-inch versions will go for $1,800, $2,500, $3,800, and an eye-watering $6,000, respectively. The smaller options will be available later this month, while the 83-inch C1 will start shipping in May.

The basic option is represented by the LG A1, which trades some of the nice-to-have features of the C1 and G1 series. If you're not looking to game on your TV, this is the most accessible option -- the 48-, 55-, 65-, and 77-inch models will set you back $1,300 through $3,200. However, if you're wealthy enough to stuff your sports car with a crypto mining rig, you might as well splurge on LG's $29,999, 88-inch, 8K ZX OLED TV. All of these will start shipping in the coming months.

Permalink to story.

I definitely like the fewer models, all those variants became hard to follow.
I agree. Samsung has learned that with their Smartphone lineup.

In end then, until they make OLED screens in the 30" category, its a bit outlandish to have these for PCs. For consoles, absolutely, since you sit 2-3 meters from the TV. I saw Dell's 55" 4k OLED monitor was $4000, which is absurd considering LG is offering them for half that.

I have a LG C9 65 and it might be my last LG device.

Their built in scaler and image processing is great, but they never upgrade old devices to their newer versions of WebOS.

My tv came with ver 5 and they announced ver 6, but they have never (as far as I can tell) rolled the new version to older tvs.

I have a LG C9 65 and it might be my last LG device.

Their built in scaler and image processing is great, but they never upgrade old devices to their newer versions of WebOS.

My tv came with ver 5 and they announced ver 6, but they have never (as far as I can tell) rolled the new version to older tvs.

So, why would you need the newest version of the OS? It's not like it's a phone, it's a TV really. I don't see any reason that LG or Samsung or any other company would always upgrade their 3 years old lineup to the latest OS. It's absurd. And saying that it's your last LG because of that is even more absurd.

So, why would you need the newest version of the OS? It's not like it's a phone, it's a TV really. I don't see any reason that LG or Samsung or any other company would always upgrade their 3 years old lineup to the latest OS. It's absurd. And saying that it's your last LG because of that is even more absurd.

I even ignore my LG 65B6P software updates because experience has shown me that every new update restricts the reception of TV channels further...! I use roof antenna in lieu of cable...

LG OLED is the Best TV in the World...Period...!

Probably the best for bang for buck - Panasonic flagship OLEDs normally the best and most reliable brand - Not the best GUI . Sony is also in the frame - some say their upscaling is the best .
For gaming LG has 4 2.1 hdmi ports - Panny is trying for lowest lag. Panasonic JZ2000 - will have best included speakers . Sony all panel speakers meant to be pretty good

It's a "smart TV", literally running a smartphone operating system. It's got a web browser, apps, all sorts of always-on internet connectivity. It needs to be kept updated. At these prices, they should have lifetime software support.

After the technical epic fail of the DTS removeal on their TV's, I couldn't possibly care less about any of their OLED/LED/whatever line.
Went for a Sony and I'm never looking back. I'm baffled that in that price range, they are cutting 20 - 30 USD by removal of a useful feature. Oh well, it will go the smartphone way with LG: never again.
I'm still amazed that some *****ic manager decides that for a meager amount of money they will sh!t all over the trust and good will of the community:
- hey, let's remove the unlocked bootloader for our phones. What could go wrong?
- hey, let's offer zero software support for our phones and never update even our top line
- hey, let's never fix our hardware issues and pretend they never happened
- hey, let's cut DTS TV support and TV software updates also
Ok. No problem. "Let's never touch another LG product again as they give zero fs about me asa paying customer".
Several years later, all the higher ups are baffled that their smartphones are the b#tt of all jokes. And that the sales tank. Remember 2018?
"LG has announced the launch of a new Software Upgrade Center today which is part of the company’s new research and development center in Seoul, South Korea. LG says that the facility will be used to provide customers across the globe with faster, timelier operating system and software updates."
Well well well well: 3 years later, not only they fail to deliver, they managed to bury their smartphone line entirely. Good job LG!
Eagerly waiting for their TV business to crash and burn also.

So, why would you need the newest version of the OS?
If you read my post (which you didnt, really) I use their built in apps, which are providing better image quality. That said, imagine in 5 years, Netflix version 2027 decides that it requires WebOS ver 7, but since my tv is stuck at ver 5, I wont be able to use it.
It's not like it's a phone, it's a TV really.
Actually, it is like a phone! same type of SOC, same OS, same capabilities (down to be able to make calls, if you provide the software and a cam.)
I don't see any reason that LG or Samsung or any other company would always upgrade their 3 years old lineup to the latest OS.
Sadly, given how you missed so much on my post, these sentence doesnt surprise me a bit.
It's absurd.
Your opinion which is not a fact.
And saying that it's your last LG because of that is even more absurd.
Reading comprehension failed you. You missed where I said "might".
But to help you a bit, here is what Webster says is the meaning of the word:

Definition of might

past tense of may
1 —used to express permission, liberty, probability, or possibility in the past The president might do nothing without the board's consent.
2 —used to say that something is possible We might get there before it rains.I might go, but then again, I might not.
3 —used to express a present condition contrary to fact If you were older you might understand.
4a —used as a polite alternative to may Might I ask who is calling?
b —used as a polite alternative to ought or should You might at least apologize.I might have known she'd be late.

I will never use a TV as anything other than a monitor for my HTPC - especially when ATSC 3.0 hits the US market.

Back