Lian Li launches two new luxury V-series desktop cases

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

Lian Li has introduced two new premium desktop cases to its V series, the PC-V1020 and PC-V2120. Priced between $289 and $349 depending on the color (silver/black or red), the former is a mid-tower chassis with support for ATX and uATX motherboards, four 5.25-inch drives, seven 3.5-inch drives, one 2.5-inch drive, and eight expansion cards. It ships with two 140mm blue/red front intake fans, one 140mm top fan, and one 120mm rear fan. For $459 to $539, the full-tower PC-V2120 adds support HPTX motherboards, half a dozen more drives, and up to 11 expansion cards measuring a max of 335mm long. The overall cooling capacity is also increased with the ability to scatter twice as many fans throughout. Both have the same I/O, including four USB 3.0, one eSATA, and HD audio ports.

The new cases sit atop wheels for easy movement and have a slick removable motherboard tray that slips out the back of the case. The tray also has a hole for quick access to the underside of your CPU, and slits for cable management. There are plenty other extras you'd expect from luxury Lian Li cases.

Permalink to story.

These V-series Lian Li cases are the sweetest ever. The craftsmanship of these are crazy tight. I have two early versions of the V-series. I'd never waste my time or money with any other.

Not too shabby. Pity the new full tower did away with the rolled edges that came with the V2010, likewise the vertical mount PSU position, since the bottom compartment would be tailor made for a secondary 120.3 rad (with a little creative CNC work) with plenty of room left over for pump and reservoir-once you ditch the secondary harddrive cage.

I owned one of the older V-series cases a few years ago and loved the attention to detail and overall quality but it suffered from a rattling noise because of the Raptor hard drive that I used at the time vibrated a lot. With the noise that same drive made it was like a tin orchestra inside my case. I was able to resolve that with a silencer enclosure, but I must say I'm more than happy today with SSDs and my several times heavier HAF case :)

We are contacting Lian Li for reviewing one of these cases, hopefully we'll have something to show in a few weeks.

I have that Lian Li PC-Q08B, and converted a mini PC to a incredibly small footprint home server. My first Lian Li case, and money aside, hopefully not my last. These new V-series look incredible, if I only had the means to fill one of those suckers up with hardware. =o

I'd love a full tower Lian Li case, but due to the cost I'll stick to a HAF instead! LOL.

Lian Li PC-V2100B Plus II Black is what I use as my fileserver case - this looks very similar except it appears to have fewer drive bays. I love my 2100 btw and when I decide build a new fileserver I'm sure I'll reuse the same case.

It's a nice, full aluminium chassis but with a lack of watercooling support, I'm not interested. I thought with it having two 140mm fans on the front there may be a possibility of putting a double radiator there, but with how close the drive bay is, there's just no chance of that happening.

Lurker101 said:
It's a nice, full aluminium chassis but with a lack of watercooling support, I'm not interested. I thought with it having two 140mm fans on the front there may be a possibility of putting a double radiator there, but with how close the drive bay is, there's just no chance of that happening.
It's got plenty of support, with access grommets and three 120mm fan slot up top. Lian Li also is known for selling OEM parts tailored for customizing their cases, so a single instance where one kind of set up (where there are many many more) does not work is a poor excuse for entirely dismissing a case, especially one like this. If you think about it, most cases don't offer dual 140s up front, so I don't see why you're griping. =p

Back