Light, but no action

Status
Not open for further replies.

emcee47

Unfortunately, I had forgotten my PC was active when pulling a house fuse for another item and, naturally, it stopped as well, being on the same circuit. However, on reseating the fuse, everything came back on bar the PC. On trying to start up, I get a green power light but, apart from that absolutely zilch ... no fan noise and certainly no signs of booting up. I had been hearing some mild grating noises on start-up over the past month or so but nothing alarming and it had certainly disappeared by the time it had booted up. The only other possible concern is that I believe I detected a faint electrical overheating smell today. If anyone has any ideas, please break it to me gently!

A light goes on? No fans twirling? Your power supply box...the rectangular box that looks like a squid with all those wires coming out of it...probably took a beating. The good news...they're not really expensive to replace, and all those wires fit only one way, which makes it easy to hook things up.

Do you have another computer in the house? I know this sounds like a lot of work, but how about switching power supply units, just to see if the motherboard will work and everything fires up?

Thanks BandB ... tried all that ... and the motherboard has passed on to greener pastures. Ah well, life goes on! Thanx again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back